Mandate: Responsible for investigating homicides, high-risk missing persons and suspicious deaths.
Mission: Through humility, perseverance, determination and its relentless pursuit of excellence, IHIT is committed to bringing those who kill, to justice.
- Comprised of 105 employees
- Police Officers: 80 positions– including 4 from Abbotsford Police Department and 2 from New Westminster Police Department
- Electronic File Administrators: 8
- Criminal Intelligence Analysts: 4
- Support Staff: 13
- Municipally funded : 86 positions
- Provincially funded: 19 positions
- Federally funded: 0 positions