Mandate: Responsible for investigating homicides, high-risk missing persons and suspicious deaths.
Mission: Through humility, perseverance, determination and its relentless pursuit of excellence, IHIT is committed to bringing those who kill, to justice.
- Comprised of 106 employees
- Police Officers: 81 positions– including 4 from Abbotsford Police Department; 2 from New Westminster Police Department; 1 from Port Moody Police Department
- Civilian Member: 12 - includes Electronic File Administrators and Criminal Intelligence Analysts
- Support Staff: 13
- Municipally funded : 87 positions
- Provincially funded: 19 positions